Friday 30 September 2011

Messi takes records in his stride

Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi claims he is not about to get carried away with his achievement after equaling Ladislao Kubala in the club's goalscoring charts.
Messi netted a brace in Barca's 5-0 UEFA Champions League win over BATE Borisov on Wednesday to reach 194 goals for the Catalans. A remarkable feat considering the Budapest-born attacker brought up his tally over a12 year spell at the Nou Camp while Messi made his debut for the Barca first team back in November 2003.
"I am very satisfied that I have equalled someone who has been so important for this club in the past. I am really happy," Messi told Marca.
"I knew that I could equal Kubala, but I didn't think about it before the match. I just want to do a good job and help the team."
[...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment